(Updated December 20, 2022)
1. Eligibility. The prizes for the “Cellular One 23 in ’23 Giveaway” (the “Drawing” or “Promotion”) are open to all qualifying individuals who are Cellular One (“Sponsor”) subscribers who are in good standing and who have current accounts with Cellular One, are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction at the time of entry, and who use their service, including calls, SMS messaging, or data, during the week in which they are entered (“Qualifying Individuals”). Qualifying Individuals will be automatically entered into the drawing. Each week, 23 Qualifying Individuals will be randomly drawn and will receive $100 gift cards to participating businesses.
Promotion is available only to individual personal-line subscribers. Businesses, government and other organizational subscribers are not eligible. Any individuals who have, within one (1) year prior to the start date of the Promotion, performed services for Sponsor or its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and Household Members of such individuals are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win the prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, stepparents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household Members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. All entrants must be current and in good-standing with Sponsor at time of entry and at time of drawing to be considered eligible. Mechanically altered or reproduced entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Promotion or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all requirements, set forth herein. Sponsor’s administration and operation of the Drawing and the selection of winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue this promotion at any time without notice.
2. Sponsor. The “Cellular One 23 in ’23 Giveaway” or the “Drawing” or “Promotion” is sponsored by Smith Bagley, Inc., dba Cellular One of North East Arizona (the “Sponsor” or “Cellular One”), 1500 S. White Mountain Road Ste. 103, Show Low, Arizona 85901.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion Period begins February 22, 2023 and ends December 27, 2023. No entries will be allowed for individuals who are not current Cellular One customers in good standing.
4.The Drawings. Will take place as follows: One drawing each Wednesday during the calendar year of 2023. During each drawing, 23 Qualifying Individuals will be drawn, and each will receive one $100 gift card from a local participating business.
5. Entry for “Cellular One 23 in ’23 Giveaway”. Qualifying Individuals who make calls or use SMS messaging or data during the drawing week will automatically be entered each week during the promotional period. A total of twenty three (23) gift cards may be given away each week. Qualifying Customers are limited to one win each during the Promotional Period.
6. Number of Entries. All Qualified Customers will automatically receive one entry per drawing during the entire promotional period.
7.Drawings and Odds of Winning. The announcements for the drawings will be conducted on each Wednesday during the calendar year following each weekly drawing. Winners may be notified via SMS messaging, telephone call, or social media.
No entries will be entered for individuals who are not current Cellular One customers at the time of entry and the time of drawing(s) and who have not used their service (calls, data, or SMS messaging) during the previous seven days. If a customer does not have an active Cellular One plan at the time of the drawing the customer will be disqualified from winning. Sponsor will monitor the total number of entries and service usage to determine eligibility.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of customers entered. There will be a total of up to one thousand one hundred and ninety-six winners during the “Cellular One 23 in ’23 Giveaway” promotional period.
8. Prize for Drawing Winners. A total of up to one thousand one hundred and ninety-six $100 gift cards will be given away during the promotional period. Twenty three winners may be chosen each week. The retail value of the gift cards is estimated at $100 each. All federal state and local tax liabilities for prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner will need to sign an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of the prize at the time the prize is received by the winner. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize is permitted.
9. Drawing Winners’ Notification. The Drawing winners will be notified by telephone, text, or social media, by using information Sponsor possesses on its customer data base. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the Drawing winner on the same day as the drawing. If the winner does not pick up their prize within eight (8) days of the drawing (until the following Thursday) the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will not be drawn for that prize.
10.Requirements for the Drawing Winner. When the Drawing winner is contacted, they will choose the Cellular One retail store location from which to collect their prize, or may choose to collect their prize at the Cellular One Corporate office located in Show Low, AZ. The drawing winner must present an official I.D. at time the prize is collected. The Drawing winner may be required to complete an eligibility and liability and publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within two (2) days of notification of winning a Drawing. If the Drawing winners fails to sign the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, they may be disqualified and will not receive the prize.
12. General Condition. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Drawings is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, act of nature, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Drawings to address the impairment and then resume the Drawings in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawings may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of the provision.
13. Release and Limitations of Liability. By participating in the Drawings, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability (including, but not limited to, liability for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of publicity or any intellectual property rights, any property loss, damage, personal injury, bodily injury, death, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity, and any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind even if the Released Parties have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages), costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Drawing, including but not limited to, any Drawing related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in the Drawing ; (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Drawing materials; (d) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Drawing; (e) human error; (f) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of an entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof); (g) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Release Parties or by an entrant; (h) interruption or inability to access the Drawing, Website or any other Drawing related websites, or any online service via the internet or mobile network due to hardware or software compatibility problems; (i) any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer or mobile device or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Drawing; (j) any lost or delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects or any other errors or malfunctions; (k) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries; (l) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, or any of their agents or employees; and (j) the negligence or willful misconduct of any entrant. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Drawing, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
14. Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Drawing or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Arizona. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Drawing , shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Arizona. Any dispute or claim must be within one (1) year of the time the cause of action occurred, or the cause of action shall be forever barred.
15. Drawing Results. To request a Winner List (available after January 1, 2024), send your return self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Cellular One of North East Arizona Winner List
Cellular One 23 in ‘23 Giveaway
1500 S. White Mountain Road Ste. 103 Show Low, Arizona 85901.
Requests must be postmarked by January 25, 2024. Requests postmarked after January 25, 2022 will not be honored.
16. Non-Affiliation. Neither Sponsor nor this Promotion are affiliated, sponsored, endorsed nor administered by Facebook, Instagram, nor their parent company Meta, in any way. Nothing herein shall be construed nor implied to indicate any such affiliation, and entrants shall be not be required to share tag, nor engage in any other act that constitutes consideration that inures to the benefit of Facebook, Instagram nor Meta, nor to Sponsor for entry and participation herein.