Job Description Summary:
A Field ISP Technician (Level I) is responsible for the proper operation of our Network elements. Duties in support of interdepartmental objectives, to include preventative and remedial maintenance, installation, optimization and integration of network hardware. This activity requires ability to install and troubleshoot customer issues. Position requires working alone and unsupervised and therefore this individual must be self-motivated/disciplined. Job duties are outside of the normal Monday through Friday work week of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., including before and after-hours, weekends, and holidays. This position requires installation responsibilities related to the installation equipment. A clean driving record and a valid driver’s license are required and must be maintained. This position requires actions and behaviors that promote a positive, supportive working environment at all times.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be comfortable on a ladder or roof and adhere to all of Cellular One’s safety protocols.
- Can identify equipment, the many different types of equipment, and be able use the proper apparatus for the given situation.
- Can do installs without supervision but may ask for help with installs that are out of the ordinary.
- Can access the computer and make the necessary changes to install and trouble shoot the equipment.
- Can access the programs to find out required information regarding a customer. Can use Windows, Excel, and Word.
- Can properly use Outlook and respond in a timely fashion and keep updated for possible outages on our network. Can access the Trouble Ticket system with the ability to open, update and close the tickets.
- Can find the appropriate IP for the install or technical calls. Knows the difference between a private network IP and a Public IP.
- Should be able to talk to the customer and give a simple explanation of the install process. Must know the proper protocols when engaging conversations with the customer.
- Should follow the proper protocols with the customer’s information whether it is the paperwork for the install or a technical call.
- Take proper care of the company vehicle and all assigned tools.
- This is a Safety-Sensitive Candidate must maintain the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “All-Inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and be a reasonable representation of its activities.