Sunstate Technology Group is a growing IT company. We are looking for a Field Engineer who can work on service tickets and projects and can support client systems on-site and at client locations using industry standards and applications.
Experience in working in an MSP “Managed Services” and particularly experience using Connectwise applications are valued!
Description: The Field Engineer is required to have a good understanding and knowledge of all computers, laptops, peripheral hardware, Operating systems, and the Microsoft Office suites. The Field Engineer must have a good understanding of how to install and configure computers, printers, peripherals, 3rd party software, and network equipment including Switches, Routers, servers, CCTV, VoIP and cabling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cable Pulling and equipment installs: All cable pulls, and equipment installations will be in accordance with industry standards and meet the highest level of safety and cleanliness during installation.
- Project Work: Projects will be set up by the Manager, Phases, and tickets within each phase will be assigned to different technicians and Field Engineers for completion.
- Primary role is onsite work, but when needed handles and resolves Help Desk trouble tickets from end users.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security, and system groups.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation in support of the system infrastructure. This includes documenting new installs before and after work is done.
- Assist in handling all office and remote location computer, peripherals, phone, and internet issues.
- Relies on our Team, own experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under general supervision and reports directly to the Manager.
- Must have updated computer hardware skills to break down and repair or build desktop computers. servers and printers.
- Must have skills to troubleshoot basic computer-related issues (hardware, operating systems, network, software, applications, and peripherals).
- Must have the network and phone configuration skills including network topology skills.
- Position will be part of a scheduled on-call rotation with other team members.
- Performs a variety of tasks and other duties as required
- Strong verbal and written
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical customers.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- We have a small business atmosphere where you are highly depended upon but your efforts are recognized and valued.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft desktop operating systems WIN 8/10/11, Server OS knowledge also preferred.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office suites
- Knowledge working with Microsoft server operating systems WIN2008/2012/2016/2019
- Experience & knowledge working in a domain environment
- Experience and understanding of Active Directory
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of network protocols and Networking equipment.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of peripheral hardware configurations
- Solid communication skills to be able to relate to customer issues and communicate the issues to other Technical people and the IT Manager.
- Task management, participating on team projects from beginning to end. Activities include: developing and managing task and resource schedules; documenting, tracking, and resolving issues; documenting project status and communicating project status to IT Management.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- The position may require travel, overnights and overtime.
- Excellent Customer Service and strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with both peers and customers under pressure and deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Be able to lift 50lbs
Formal Education / Experience and Knowledge / Certification
- Microsoft and or computer hardware certification preferred.
- Previous computer technical and troubleshooting on PC and MAC experience required.
- Experience with field work, including installing, Configuring and Documenting.
- Previous phone, network and telephony configurations preferred.
- Remote support, Server, Networking, CCTV, VOIP/3CX, Security, Printer and Copier experience helpful.
- Computer hardware: 3 years (Preferred)
- Software deployment: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Phoenix Area this position is an on-site position and will require travel and overnight stays.
Hourly: $23.00 – $29.00 per hour, DOE
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Medical (PPO or HSA), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401k, EAP (Employee Assistance Program) & More!