The Field Operations Supervisor position requires working alone and unsupervised, along with supervising / leading a team of Field Technicians, and therefore this individual must be self-motivated/disciplined. This position requires job duties outside of the normal Monday through Friday work week of 8:00 to 5:00, including before and after-hours and weekends. The Field Operations Supervisor must have a thorough understanding of the operation of CellularOne cell site equipment and be able to coordinate, supervise and lead the efforts with other members of the field team. A clean driving record must be maintained. This position requires actions and behaviors that promote a positive, supportive working environment at all times. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and upgrade cell site equipment in an efficient, timely manner.
- Scheduling the work load for other Field Service Technicians.
- Purchase Order Acquisition from vendors.
- Project Crisis Management.
- 24/7 Response Supervision & Leadership of the Field Service Technician Team.
- Responsibilities include ordering of equipment for Field Service duties.
- Construct and maintain cell site equipment to company standards.
- Performance/ Call tests at cell sites.
- On-call reporting responsibilities as scheduled by the Field Operations Manager.
- Resolution of customer complaints as they apply to technical issues.
- Work effectively and efficiently with equipment vendors.
- Maintenance of inventories related to switch/cell site equipment.
- Reporting responsibilities as outlined by the Field Operations Supervisor.
- Open and update trouble tickets for field personal. (ATT and Cellular One.)
- Other duties as required.
The Field Operations Supervisor position includes but not limited to the supervising of CellularOne employees including but not limited to, administrative duties, scheduling of field team and various contractors, the teaching of technical skills to industry and company standards, the teaching of proper safety techniques to industry and company standards, creating bill of materials, creating scopes of works, creating methods of procedures, ordering equipment and materials, working effectively with vendors, the ability to supervise in the event of an emergency situation, the learning and understanding of company and industry changes, but are not limited to the following:
- Approving time sheets.
- Monitor and approve PLT.
- Approving expense reports.
- Take up disciplinary action with reporting staff when appropriate.
- Review and submit Cell One performance reviews.
Experience with the following Preferred:
- Ericsson (Remote Base Station equipment)
- Some Ericsson ENM experience preferred.
- Microwave Communications and equipment, Ericsson and Ceragon preferred.
- Understanding of I.P. Backhaul protocol.
- Understanding TDM and T1 protocol.
- DC Power Systems
- Basic understanding of A.C. generators.
- Fiber Optics and Hybrid fiber and power cables.
- Understanding of RF antenna and coax system’s
- Two years electronics degree or electronics certification from an accredited school or military equivalent
- Ericsson certified in RBS, or two years hands on experience with Ericsson RBS equipment; including integration testing and advanced troubleshooting.
- Four to six plus year’s verifiable experience with wireless carrier.
- Proficient in using RF measurement test equipment such as Anritsu sweep and PIM equipment.
- Proficient in using lap top and operating Microsoft programs.
- Must be able to work in various climates.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
- Regular – 40 hours per week – 5 days per week.
- May attend meetings, could involve some overtime nights, holidays and weekends.
- Job requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to focus.
Work Environment/Work Conditions:
- Will be working outside in wet, humid, and extreme cold or extreme hot conditions some of the time.
- Will work in high, precarious places some of the time.
- Position requires reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balance and kneeling, stooping or crouching, and crawling. Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (rain, snow, wind, etc.)
- Could require lifting up to 100 pounds. Lifting or carrying about 20% of the time.
- Some of the workday will be in improperly illuminated or awkward and confining spaces.
- Requires moderate physical activity somewhat strenuous of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Requires manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.