The RF Engineer will be responsible for the RF optimization and performance of the Cellular One GSM, UMTS, and LTE systems. The individual will work to apply common optimization solutions to improve the service to our customers and partner subscribers. The Engineer work to ensure proper capacity solutions are in place and to maximize service levels to achieve Golden KPI metrics.
- Network design to meet all requisite coverage milestones
- CIQ development for site integration
- Script development as required
- Site audits and QA inspections to ensure correct build, to include software load, alarm reporting and resolution, golden parameter settings, TAC audit, PCI conflicts, power audits, tilts, azimuths, RET functionality, PIM testing and identification, etc.
- Timely and regular reporting of all activities
- Close-Out reporting of all launch KPIs for new sites
- Optimization of mobile network to meet daily performance KPIs (LTE & VoLTE Accessibility and Retain ability, MOS Scoring, LTE THPT, Latency, SRVCC and Mobility Success Rates)
- Capacity monitoring and design to ensure system meets GOS requirements
- Implementation of new features to allow growth of network performance
- Recommendation for solutions to network issues, including novel capacity improvement ideas and overall service metric improvements
- Ability to direct drive test teams
- Must have previous Atoll experience
- Must have Ericsson equipment and OSS (ENM) experience
- Must be able to work independently and cooperatively with other team members. Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Understand User Equipment functionality and specifications, and ability to troubleshoot UE performance as required
- Understanding of throughput testing and end-to-end (E2E) troubleshooting to improve throughput performance
- Current Driver’s License
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree required
- Three years’ experience in RF design environment required
- Three years’ experience in RF optimization engineering required